I will keep this post short and sweet, since there is more planning to do and fun to have at the lake.
Earlier this week I shared that I wasn’t feeling my novel anymore. I think I have fixed that. I took my novel back to the drawing board and took a nice look at it. The problem was partially the plot and partially the characters. Arrellinor, the main protagonist, was not interesting enough on her own. Furthermore, the plot was really created when I was in 7th grade and expanded upon when I was in 10th and 11th grade.
I had only made a few minor tweaks to the plot this year when I started Camp NaNoWriMo for the novel’s rewrite, where I hoped to fix the overwhelming issues I was having with it.
I fixed most of the problems, but I also created a few more, so I knew this complete redo was coming.
For starters, the novel is no longer called Prophecy of Euphinor. That title just wasn’t jumping out at me. Now, I am calling it A Clash of Crimson, which will be followed (hopefully) by A Mountain of Shadow and A Banquet of Fire.
I am also changing the POV. Instead of having only 1 POV from Arrellinor, I am introducing a few brand new characters that I had created for a separate story I started a few days ago. The idea for that novel just popped into my head and the planning went well, but I realized it would work better as part of my current novel as a substory that moves everything forward and ultimately helps with the resolution I have planned.
I am pleased with how the outline is looking. Now I just have to get to rewriting some chapters, deleting others, and adding lots of new content.